On Sat, 12 Nov 2022 16:34:59 -0800 David Bruckmann via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> So I followed Jaime's excellent instructions and I am now at the
> "disconnecting" stage. Is there any advice apart from not losing clips
> and so on? I'm guessing the castellated washers or whatever they're
> called that grip the shaft are simply something one squeezes to
> release, or am I in for a struggle?

Usually you are in for a struggle, but those don't quite look like the
"quick push on with tangs pointing backwards" clips I have seen before.
The clips I have seen before do not squeeze to release; I am not sure,
from the photograph's perspective exactly how your clips work.

A picture from the bottom of looking up at the free end of the short
"rod" on which the clips are pushed would be helpful.

Craig