Diesel is $5/gal - not that much difference, and you'll have to keep
hauling a lot of Diesel to refill it. Get a used 500 gal. propane tank and
forget about it for a year.

On Thu, Nov 17, 2022 at 10:43 PM Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

>  From what I have read it looked like slightly under 2 gallons per hour,
> but even at that, if the cost was $3 per gallon I would be looking at $6
> an hour.  Seems like it would be cheaper to just run a torpedo heater.
> The local farm store has a 150k btu one that supposedly runs 8 hours on
> tank, which is about 8 gallons.  So a gallon of diesel an hour.
>
> On 11/17/2022 10:40 PM, Rick Knoble via Mercedes wrote:
> > That thing is going to use 10 pounds an hour.
> > Ugh.
> >

> > Rick

OK Don

"Quality of life is inversely proportional to the amount of clothing you
are wearing."

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!