Banks making loans to people who don't qualify on any standard debt/income
ratios -- where have I seen this movie before?

With Carvana about to go over the cliff and CarMax probably not far behind,
there will be a lot of used cars being liquidated into the market. If you need
a new car but can wait, I would.