You should be able to test the fan by simply hooking up 12v directly to the
connector.  You can either run wires from the battery, or get another power
source like an "non-smart" battery charger or a jump-start pack, etc.

If it started and then blew the fuse, it sounds like it's at the upper limit
of it's wear/power draw.  From what I've heard the aux fan and the blower
fan tend to blow fuses when they get old.  Apparently there's  a service
bulletin on running larger wire with a larger fuse...

Levi

Hello All,

I posted about this in the past and haven't really figured out how to
approach it.  I am not sure how to track down the short or to determine if
the fan is bad.  I have a volt meter and the schematic for the car.  A few
people made comments, one that this car may go through a few fans it its
lifetime but I don't want to just run out and buy a fan if I don't need it.

"I noticed that my auxillary cooling fan was not plugged in the other day
and wanted to get that fixed.  The fan has never been plugged in and the AC
has not worked since I got the car.  After I plugged it in as soon as I
started the car it ran for about 15 seconds and then stopped.  I noticed
that it had blown a fuse.  Other point of interest is that on the repair
information from previous owner it says "conversion to r134a, wire aux fan
to run constantly". "

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan Elliott