with 175k but I woulnt think so.  At this same lot, they have a 05 F250
Powerstroke , crew cab, for $18,900. Thats DIRT CHEAP. Only problem is
that its got 150K miles on it.  Thats ALOT of miles for a 1 year old
truck.  Anybody know anything about these newer powerstrokes?

Early 6.0's are just filled with lemony goodness.  I believe they
are still prone to coolant system erosion if not properly taken care
of.  Ford does make a nice truck, but they seem to have some serious
engine design problems.  (I'm told with the Ford component of the
design mix, not the Navistar parts.)  And they stonewall, so you
have to keep your ear to the ground.

As far as engines go, I've never heard of the Chevy engines being
particularly problem-prone, nor the Dodge. Ford has had a disproportionate
share of engine flaws.  However, the 24V Cummins is extremely prone
to IP damage if the fuel pump and/or filter fails.  $2-3k when that
happens, and of the four people I know personally who own them, all
four are on their second injection pump.  Put a fuel pressure gauge
on these, and treat it like an oil pressure gauge.  My 12V is not
prone to this problem, nor (I believe) is the latest common-rail
engine.

-- Jim