but they seem to have some serious
engine design problems.  (I'm told with the Ford component of the
design mix, not the Navistar parts.)  And they stonewall, so you
have to keep your ear to the ground.

Since I've been intending on replacing my manny tranny truck with an auto-equipped one, I BRIEFLY thought about going with the Ford 6.0 PSD/torqueshift auto crewcab to replace my '03 Dodge Cummins 6spd Quadcab. Those in my family that drive it either prefer to drive automatics or, in the case of my sister-in-law, can't use the clutch pedal due to a bad knee. I ended up going with another common rail Cummins in a 2006 model. I know it'll get about 20MPG highway where the manny tranny truck got 23MPG. It's a fine engine.

Kevin in Hillsboro Oregon
1981 300CD 204K miles, Giesela