Most likely leak point is the check valve in the fuel pump (the anti-return
valve, German is a strange language).  Second wear point on a W116 is likely to
be the plunger seal in the fuel distributor.  this can also cause hard starts
hot by flooding the engine as the fuel drips out with the engine off until the
accumulator is empty.

The accumulator is a can in the fuel line, looks like a filter but isn’t.  Just
a diaphram and spring, holds approx 100mL of fuel I think, maybe 150.  It’s
there to prevent vapor lock on hard starts.

Next most likely is leaking fuel nozzles, if you have not changed them do so.

You can also have a bad pressure regulator valve that leaks back into the tank.

I’m getting ready to dig into the KE-Jet on the wagon, it goes way rich,
probably because the 35 year old oxygen sensor is shot.  Stays in limp mode,
and its a real pain because occasionally it will work and lean the engine out
to the point it stalls.