Rick wrote:
I will try this one last time.. 2 months ago I purchased a 1973 450SL. One if
the few issues it had was the antenna was broken off. This is a fixed mast
antenna mounted in
the center of the trunk lid. I was able to find a generic replacement antenna at the local auto mart but the reception is not very good. So I checked on line for an original replacement antenna and I can only find motorized retractible antenna ? So what is the deal. I have searched on line for any SL with the antenna on the trunk lid and haven't found one yet ?

The antenna on the trunk lid was surely something that a previous owner added. I'm almost sure it's NOTHING the factory ever provided.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)