On Mon, Mar 27, 2023, at 13:29, Jim Cathey wrote:
>> https://www.harborfreight.com/8000-lumen-adjustable-head-screw-in-led-shopgarage-light-57640.html
>
> The downside, for these, is there's a LOT brighter small surface
> that can be in your eyeline, which is at least vaguely fatiguing
> depending on where you stand, etc.  They claim 10x the light,
> but it's coming from something barely larger than the original
> surface.  It's like looking at a 500W halogen shop light vs
> a 60W light bulb.

Good point --- wonder if it's feasible to flip the LED panels over so the light
is reflected off the ceiling. Next time I'm at Harbor Freight I'll try to take
a look at them.

Also the "10x brighter" claim is compared to a 60W incandescent light. I use
100W bulbs in the garage already, 60W is just not adequate. So it's maybe more
like 5x brighter, spread over the three panels. Might not be too bad.