I went and looked at the car. At an Irish mech shop who does mostly Beemers and
old Land Rovers. He had a sweet red 280SE 4.5 and R130 SL500.

Car was in very good condition for 22yr and 146kmi or whatever it is though it
smelled of cigs. Reclining pulsing rear seats. No oil in coolant, I’m thinking
it’s a valve cover leak which is still a PITA. Car started and ran fine after a
jump, battery was dead. I talked about the oil cooler and how much just parts
would cost plus 30-40hr of work. Guy said the transmission was rebuilt 5kmi ago
 Offered $1k which the guy laughed at, said $3k. So the negotiations have
begun. I’m thinking we could meet at $2k maybe, I might try to throw one of
these cars I have into the mix and get the cash outlay down a bit.

--FT
Sent from iFōn