On Thu, 27 Apr 2023 23:48:47 +0000 "dan penoff.com via Mercedes"
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> To clarify, a parallel flow condenser allows you to use R134a and get
> comparable performance with the prior R12 system.

To clarify a little more, R-134A is not as efficient in its heat transfer
in the condenser and needs either a larger condenser or one which gets
rid of heat better. A parallel-flow condenser gets rid of heat better.

My 1980 300SD was converted to R134. I don't know what was done or who
did it (out in California). I don't know if it has a parallel-flow
condenser.

I guess I will see how it cools -- maybe a little trip to Las Cruces in
July or August would show how good it is.

Thank you for the links, Dan. If my car's A/C is lacking, I will be
making use of them

Craig