IIRC, you won't get full/optimum performance on lower octane fuel, but the
computer will retard the timing to prevent blowing up the engine.

On Sat, Jul 8, 2023 at 1:35 PM Allan Streib via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Well honestly I don't know. Would a tank or two of 89 hurt anything,
> probably not. In a modern car the computer should compensate. But why did
> MB specify 91 if they didn't think it was necessary. That is my view.
>

> On Sat, Jul 8, 2023, at 13:30, Dwight Giles wrote:
> > tell me more
> >
> > On Sat, Jul 8, 2023, 2:28 PM Allan Streib <astr...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> >> No

> in it

OK Don

"Quality of life is inversely proportional to the amount of clothing you
are wearing."

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Werner
Von Braun

"In science if you know what you are doing you should not be doing it.
In engineering if you do not know what you are doing you should not be
doing it."
        -- Richard W. Hamming, The Art of Doing Science and Engineering
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!