  Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:18:55 -0700
From: Zeitgeist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Sudden loss of oil pressure
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Hey, does your tractor have a 3 point hitch?  IIRC, Farmall was a bit
late
to climb on board with Harry Ferguson's universal hitch set up.

[former owner of a '44 Ford 2N w/3 point hitch and a sludgy oil sump]

On 6/28/06, Curt Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Clogged pickup screens are pretty common on old tractors that had
been run
> for years with non-detergent oil, any dirt or crud that got into the
engine
> settled into the oil pan.
>   Common practice when switching to detergent oil is to drop the pan
and
> scrape the crud out. Guess what I need to do on my tractor this fall?
>
>   -Curt
>   '52 Farmall Super M

Casey
Olympia, WA
Biodiesel: "I drive in a persistent vegetative state"
'87 300TD intercooler #22 (216k)
'84 300D (214k)
Gashuffer:
'89 Vanagon Wolfsburg Edition (187K)