-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Curt Raymond
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 6:50 PM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: Re: [MBZ] FW: '79 240D alternator

Ole' Hammy the '83 240D is still working along on his last alternator,
been about 7 months now. Used to go through one every 2 months or so.
Last one he put in I also replaced the battery. My theory now is the
junky old battery in there was eating 'em. He did find some bad wiring
though, replaced some that was sans insulation but it ate another
alternator between that and the battery replacement.

  -Curt