I just talked to my Indy-'new' reman Bosch is on the green Goddess and
it charges fine.  They did tear this one apart and found the inside all
corroded.  He thinks it is because it has been sitting a lot her it the
slat air since I bough the 300D 2.5t.  I have noticed that under hood of
my Forester and the 240D showing increasing white corrosion spots-esp.
on the  h aluminum.  So I guess more Italian tune-ups on the 240D to
heat up the alternator and engine compartment and to force air through
to dry it up.  Will pick it up today.
Thanks  to all who replied with good suggestions-I have saved them in
case this reman bites the corrosion in a few months.
Dwight

Dwight Giles, Jr
1979 240D auto, 250K + miles
1990 300D 2.5t, 130K miles
Wickford, RI
Bissell Cove Quahog & Auto Salvage Co.

-

Just had the 3rd remanufactured  Bosch alternator go out and need to be
replaced on the Green Goddess.. This is the third one in a little over a
year.  I know Curt Raymond that problem with his  240D and Bosch reman
alternators before he sold it. Anyone else have any experience with
these?