Hello, list Customs Officer here,

For a 1947 car, all you will need is a bill of sale and the car's insurance
print-out which doubles as a title in Canada.  At the border, they will
issue a form CF7501 which is valid in all fifty states to show your license
office that the car has been examined by USCS and is in compliance.  A '47
is exempt from DOT and EPA requirements.  Duty is assessed at 3% of the
first $1K and 2.5% on the remaining balance.  US and CDN manufactured
vehicles are exempt duty.

Please email me offline with any further questions.  I can be reached at my
office from Sun to Tue this week at 509 476 2955 or 476 2125.

Regards,

Rory Morrison
Oroville, WA
1985 300SD