LarryT wrote:
Marshall wrote:<<adjust the ALDA out (counterclockwise) between 1 and 1 1/2 turns
from the factory setting, I expect the effect you've noticed will
vanish.>>

Thanks Marshall,
Your experience on these cars is encyclopaedic! I plan to change the ALDA soon (when I replace the GPs) -- hopefully, next week when I get my parts shipment from Rusty.

    Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

Why are you changing the ALDA? They don't usually wear out! About all that usually happens is that people that don't know what they are doing damage them by playing with them. They really require setting and then they should be stable for many, many years. If your acceleration numbers drop a bit THEN you might want to readjust them AFTER you've made sure everything else is working properly. Most ALDAs don't require readjustment (except the ones that were set VERY lean right from the factory). It's NOT something that needs periodic adjustment.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)