On 9/24/06, Curt Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

#1. I'm not sure I believe in a gas engine with a half million miles and
no head work. Besides which how could you prove that?

i am counting strictly on the testimony of the owner.  i have no evidence
beyond that.

#2. I used to believe in extra frequent oil changes but Marshall has
convinced me. I've been up to 8,000 miles on my 190D before I wussed out.
Marshall chided me as the oil really wasn't used up but the thing that
concerned me at the time was the iron level which I attribute being high to
the carbon burning out of the engine.

marshall is a man of science.  you can be a man of faith and change your
oil.

#3. I don't particularly like taking the time to change the oil even if it
is only a little time on a Saturday morning I've got other stuff I
could/should be doing. I drive enough where 3,000 mile oil changes would be
every other month...

who does?

-Curt