The point is that it DOESN'T change viscosity!

Peter
On Oct 1, 2006, at 12:55 AM, Zoltan Finks wrote:

I'm not disturbed by that at all, in fact I love it.

How can we be certain though that the oil will behave that way?

Bear with me, I never took chemistry. But when the my engine's health is in the balance, this chemical wonder that is an oil switching viscosities based
on temperature has long made me wonder. I'm not being a smartass, I'm
asking. Is it 100% reliable that my oil will know when to be zero weight and
know when to be forty weight, and that it will never screw up?

If it is indeed foolproof, then it is only logical to run the 0W-40, as this
will let the engine turn more freely at very cold temps. and may even
increase fuel economy?

Brian
83 240D
And here I said I wasn't starting an oil thread