True! the 4.2 was a swet sounding engine - until you needed to adjust
the valves.

I alternately called my MGA the poor man's XKE or Vette.

Speaking of British cars with V8's I once looked into buying a Triumph TR8.
From what I know they didn't have the overheating problem of the others With
its Rover built aluminum engine it was toast if you did let it get to hot.
Still, even with those stuffed with V8 power nothing beats the throaty sound of
a Jag twin cam 6

Harry

--
OK Don, KD5NRO