I'll replace ALL of the tensioner parts if I'm going to be in there....

Good idea, really.  I've had failures of _all_ those parts at one
time or another, and on only two cars!  The rocking bearing, though
stout, really takes a beating and doesn't hold up well.  The spring
can break.  The shock can break and/or wear out.  The idler bearing
can dry out and/or seize.  The idler pulley can be worn to a nub.

And don't forget the two plastic caps that go over the two bearings
to keep the dirt out.  And pay particular attention to get the big
bolt that holds the tensioner to the timing chain vault torqued
correctly.  If it works loose it'll ruin the chain vault cover.
You won't like that.

-- Jim