$30??  I think not!  Best price on a monovalve has climbed into the mid $40s
as of last month.

On 10/18/06, Peter Frederick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

A bad diaphram will do several things -- it is resistant to flexing when
installed, so the valve won't open and close on demand, tending to stay in
one position or the other (that is, too much heat, not enough), it won't
seal correctly when closed (too much heat, a real pain in the summer), and
it will leak into the solenoid coil and corrode it, causing the valve to
stick even more and eventually fail.  This can cook some PBCUs.

Cheap and easy enough in a W126, no reason not to spend the $30 or
so.  Ditto for a thermostat -- if it won't come up to temp quickly under
load in the winter, replace the thermostat.  Cheap, fairly easy, make a huge
difference.

Note that a 603 in bitter cold weather will NOT come up to operating
temperature at light load no matter how long you idle it.  I've been stuck
by a train and sat there watching the temp gauge slowly fall while I
froze...

Peter