Curt Raymond wrote:

> Sounds good to me.
>
> I got a note back from the guy saying he's not really
> sure whats wrong with it, he says if he puts power to
> the fuel pump it works, he doesn't say if it'll run at
> that point though...

My boss at the Saab shop used to keep a piece of 14ga copper wire
(house wiring) about two inches long, stripped on both ends, and
bent into a U, in each of his cars. If any fuel supply problem was
suspected, he'd replace the relay with the wire for troubleshooting.
Also, we used the wire to make the pump run full-time so I could
hook up my CIS gauge to the fuel distributor. The terminals to jump
were the one towards the fender and the one towards the engine on
the 99s and early 900s, not sure about the fuse/relay box layout
on a '85. I don't remember the terminal numbers on that relay, but
I think there was a diagram on the relay showing which terminals
were switched by the relay.