Brian, the antifreeze debate was nearly as feisty as the oil debate on this list. But a friend who owned a Saab dealership for 30+ years told me that he saw loads of them needing head gaskets- and almost every time they had the green stuff. I'm a cheap ass and I payed for the stuff when I had the 900S.

If we didn't just have a baby I would buy another 900S 2 door. I really like them.

Search the saabnet archives for info related to the antifreeze. I remember that the consensus was to use the orig. Saab or MB stuff.

I wish I had enough background in chemistry to tell you why the green stuff kills the head gaskets.

Best of luck!

John Peterson

Zoltan Finks wrote:
John,

Yup - I'm on the Saab List, but in digest mode. I am real curious though: I
had all but written off that list (granted, I'm in digest mode on
it) because all it seemed to consist of was some recent article on some new
Saab model which was emailed to me every few weeks. Nothing relevant to me
at all. BUT I must say that I recently posted a question and I got, in my
digest, a couple of direct answers. So it's almost like they only send me
the direct responses to my questions. - ??

Maybe I should get off Digest mode and onto "Saablist Now" as they call it.
I want a whole lot more talk to paruse and learn from.

Brian

John wrote:

 You are
on saabnet.com no?