On 10/24/06, Curt Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"Just because you say it doesn't make it right" comes to mind. Adults
usually back up their position
with facts and other documentation.

I'm  actually the only one who attempted to do so, only to be told my facts
and documentation isn't good enough.

You have to tell us your qualifications.

Glad you asked.  I started working on MB's when I was 8 years old - thats
about the time my dad, who was trained in Europe as a mechanic, started
working on MB's part time at our house.  By the time I was 12, I could do
(and did do) almost any type of maintence on 123, 126, 201, 124, and 107
chassis.  I have worked at my father's shop 50-60 hours a week every summer
since I was 15, diagnosing, repairing, and test driving MB's.  That adds up
to about 4,000 hours of MB repair.  I have attended training seminars and
conferences related to MB repair - my most recent certification is for CAN
bus diagnostics and repair and engine diagnostics and repair on 111, 112,
113, 137, 271, 272, 275, & 648 motors.  I have rebuilt 616's, 617's, 603's,
602's, 103's, 104's,  11 7's, 116's, 119's, 111's, 112's, and 113's.  I've
done core evaporators on 123's, 124's, 107's, 129's, 126's, 210's, and
140's. Although we outsource most of our tranny rebuilds because we don't
have a dyno, I have done a complete soft parts on my personal 722.3.  I've
also dismantled 123, 124, 126, 210, and 140 chassis cars for parting out.

Lest you think I'm some meathead mechanics son, I also maintained a 4.0 in
highschool and scored a 1570 on my SAT's, which landed me at the Mass.
Institute of Technology (MIT) where I spent 2 years studying engineering
before transfering back home to the University of Tennessee, where I'm
currently studying Finance and Statistics, (while working part time at my
dads shop to pay for my education).  I also own my own small business that
specializes in online automotive sales.

Now that I think about it, I'm probably not qualified enough to say anything
related to the repair, diagnostics, or operation of Mercedes.

Oh well,
Mike