I agree with Frederick, these were great cars.  My mom drove a 1965 model 96
from 67 to 81.  At that time, it was parked due to my dad's inability to
aquire some brake parts (no internet).

My Dad and Grandfather co-owned a Saab dealership in Albuquerque in 67 or
so, and my dad aquired the 65 on a trade.  We moved to North Dakota in 70,
residing in a very rural (even for ND) area.  In the winter, we had a little
difficulty driving because of the narrowness of the track compared to the
Pick-ups that were the prevalent vehicles in use on the roads (gravel).  We
once got stuck, and a nearby farmer came out to assist.  He gave up and
declared "you must really be stuck, I can't even see the rear wheels
spinning!"

Ours was no Monte Carlo, however, it could be driven in a spirited manner,
and would hold it's own on the highway, leaving a "vapor trail" in blue,
wherever we went.

I would love to have another.

Rory Morrison
Oroville, WA