Qualifications include owning and driving an 84 300CD, 83 300SD and an
86 300SDL which all started in 1st gear after resting in 2nd when
stopped.

All my gasoline engined MB's started in 2nd gear except my 85 380SL
which started in 1st gear and the owners manual verified that, which
blows holes in the Alldata report.