Barry

Thanks for your helpful reply. Now that you mention it, I do believe my fixer saying a long time ago that the struts functioned exactly as you say.

Yes, all the engine mounts have been renewed very recently.

But we haven't ever looked at the Bellville washers. To my knowledge (18 years of owning this glorious wagon), the header pipe has never been detached. Could the washers malfunction anyway? Or maybe, just maybe, one of those dawky pimpled butchers employed habitually by exhaust-fix franchises pulled things apart on a previous fix....?

Cheers

Euan
Christchurch
NZ

>>Euan -
Save your money ,and maybe go to a knowledgeable M/B fixer. All the little
shocks do is to dampen out the shaking when you shut off the engine, high
compressions engines shudder a bit as they stop. Have you replaced all three
engine mounts lately? How about the Bellville washers on your header pipe,
are they assembled correctly and tightened per the instructions in the
manual?