why do you need a dial indicator to check chain stretch? You simply rotate the engine around till you line up with TDC on the crank, then slowly turn it till the lines on the cam shaft line up, then look at the crank and see how many degrees you are off.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Have to adjust valves again has it been 20K allready since I did it? Bought a dial gauage and want to test the stretch and timing while I am in there. Anyone now exactly what size threaded piece with thread size I need or can describe it to bolt into engine to hold the dial indicator. I scimmed through the 616 and 617 engine manual quickly MB said something about this makes sence
and would please like to know what piece I need.  Thanks and happy Friday

Cheers Tom Scordato Bellefonte PA