-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 6:30 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 115 chassis blower access difficulty

I wonder if it could be replaced with the 80s GMC/80s Volvo 740 Squirrel
cage fan mounted facing inward on the engine bay side of the firewall. It
would require cutting a hole in the firewall from the outside, and a
little bit of thin sheet metal work, but would result in an order of
magnitude more airflow, and 5 minute blower fan replacement in the future.
These fans cost $30 and come with a 2 year warranty from Napa auto parts.
I would much rather see people "mutilating" their W115s to fix a faulty
factory design, then scrapping them for newer cars.

Tyler