I'm not burning any oil and I think it's pretty normal to see smoke at  night
on acceleration when illuminated by headlights behind you...smoke  within
reason, of course. If you can't see it during the day, then it's  not much
smoke.

  Chris

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:  Christopher McCann wrote:

<<

Next morning, I start the car, need to depress the accelerator to get   it to
start (it was not cold out) and once started, if I left off the   pedal, it
would stall. After holding it at normal idle for a minute or  so,  it would
idle at low speed, but not stall...unless I put it in  gear. Once  the engine
is
up to operating temp, it idles perfectly  normally and there  are no other
problems...
 It now does this every time I start it when the engine is cold.  Ambient
temp has nothing to do with it.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Thanks,

Chris>>>

Chris and all,

I, too, have just about the identical problem, and my valve are adjusted
within specs.  The compression on all five cylinders are good.  The  only thing
have noticed lately is that I seem to use more oil than I used to,  about a
quart every 1200 miles.  Also, when I floor the accelerator I  notice smoke in
the rear view mirror lit be approaching headlights.

I know Chris and I would really like to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Mike Netzky
83 300D  190,000 miles

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-2006 GSD, "Anke"
-1985 300SD, 217K, "Wulf"
-1982 300Dt, 117K, "little blue klatter box"
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, "One Banger"

Sponsored Link

Try Netflix today! With plans starting at only $5.99 a month what are you
waiting for?