Kevin,

Look on the Right Hand side of the Spare Tire Well. You will see a Slot and
and a Bolt Hole. The Slot is near the back (i.e. Back of car) the bolt hole is
froward of the slot.
Put the Bracket in the slot at a 90° angle insert the "Football" under the bracket then rotate the bracket toward the side wall of the Spare Tire Well. Insert Bolt. 10mm I think but could be a 8mm. If I still had my wife's dear departed SD I would
send you a pix. But Oh! Well!

If you have a MityVac you can use it to Lock the doors and see if there's a Vacuum leak in the system. It uses Suction to Lock and Pressure to Un-Lock. The Pressure side doesn't use much pressure to un-lock so don't do like the Idijot at my Buddy's Shop and put 100 psi
of air to the system. You WILL blow out all the lock actuator.

Russ W.
'83 240D 300k (His)
'83 240D 175k (Hers)

kevin kraly wrote:

(They both have the same round connector, but the better design also
has a 2-pin rectangular connector.

There appears to be one round connector with no additional rectangular 2 pin connector, so it appears that I have the earlier design. I guess it does work if it stops when corked off. I haven't allowed it to run long enough to time out, so I'll try letting it run for a while to see what happens. I'll also have to check the mounting setup again. The football is there, and maybe, that bracket is the actual mounting bracket.

Kevin in Hillsboro Oregon
1983 300SD 284K miles