I've bought and used this before when changing accumulators

http://motors.search.ebay.com/?from=R40&satitle=Mercedes+OEM+Suspension+Fluid+

Jim

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mitch Haley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2006 4:57 PM
Subject: [MBZ] SLS suspension fluid substitutes

fluid?</p><p>I find it necessary to use the 16v for a daily driver this
week. I put a used control valve in it, and now it goes up and down when I
work the lever on the valve, and it holds base pressure. I want to get rid
of my test fluid (universal farm hydraulic oil) and put in something close
to what is supposed to be in there before I install the new accumulators.
of smelly, so I worry about it harming the rubber bladders in my
accumulators. </p><p>I found an old message from Meade that suggested 5606A
aviation fluid was the closest match, but it seems the stuff is outdated.
Common stuff now if 5609, 5606B might be available, I think it superceded
5606A. My neighbor, the ex aircraft mechanic, suggested that 5606B was very
much like Dexron, but I don't know if he was basing that on facts or just on
them both being red and thin. !
>  He did say it had less viscocity loss than 5606A when warm. I'm thinking
Dexron wouldn't be likely to damage the bladders in my new accumulators, but