Yeah Phillip.....What you said.
Mike
New York
----- Original Message ----- From: "Fmiser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 10:45 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] AMERIKUNS

rumor has it that [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> <<ernest breakfield wrote: daytime use of running lights (what you
> and many  Amerikuns call "parking lights">>
> I find your continued use of the term "Amerikuns" insulting and
demeaning.  You may think it's oh-so-trendy looking down at the
common herd but I find it a  bit much. I would think that as a
newish contributor to this list, you would  be a bit more
circumspect.

I think it is entirely appropriate to poke fun at the folks in the USA
that think they alone are "Americans".

What about Canada? And Mexico?
They are both even in _North_ America.  What about all of central and
south America? They should all qualify for the term "American" just as
much as people from Japan, China, Korea, etc. can all be called
"Asian".

America is a _continent_ not a country!!

So if Ernest uses self-imposed miss-label in a less than flattering
fasion, I think it is eminently suitable.

--         Philip, a proud patriot of the USA