We have an 87 300D we put the 5 speed from an 87 300E into to.  Works great
so far.

Mike

On 12/5/06, Alex Chamberlain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think this has been discussed before... but will these work in an '87
300D?  If not, what manual trannies will?  (Considering power and torque
output, and also appropriate gear ratios for comfortable highway
cruising...)

What kind of 5-speed was used in the six-cylinder R129?  That engine made
more HP and about equal torque to a stock 603, IIRC.

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo
'93 Isuzu Trooper