Curt Raymond wrote:
Since everybody else is posting about their recent cold starts...
It got to 13F here last night, was about 19F when I went out this morning. Let
the glow light cycle and then maybe 20 seconds more, 2 pumps on the throttle
and hold at halfway, hit the key and it fired up like it was 50F out, no
worries whatsoever.

I'm pleased, this would seem to carry my theory that the iron levels shown in
that car's oil analysis isn't really anything to worry about as long as each
change continues to see levels fall.

-Curt
'85 190D "Dory" 254kmi

What does timing chain stretch look like? Timing chain wear is a common source of "iron" in the oil.

Marshall
--
Marshall Booth Ph.D.
Ass't Prof. (ret.)