On 12/8/06, Steve MacSween <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

on 12/7/06 5:59 PM, Michael Hall at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> he is quite an authority on
>> Iacocca-ero Mopars and vintage Volvos.
>

> Iacocca-era Mopars?  Like the Dodge Omni and Plymouth Horizon, or the
> K-Car's?  Am I missing something - who would WANT to be an expert on
those?

Google Dodge Spirit R/T.

Again, who would want to be an authority on Dodge Sprints, turbo or not?

Relatively unknown Taurus SHO killer, made only for two years and in small
numbers. Special turbocharger setup and reworked head by Lotus, suspension
by Carroll Shelby. Velly nice kah.

Okay, that's the high-end supermarket ice cream store flavour.

Stern has the Ben & Jerry's one, an actual Mexican Highway Patrol version
that was way beyond the R/T. The cops loved them better than anything
before
or since. Rare as geese in Nevada. Maybe only two or three in the U.S.
(technically not legal).

No way - not a REAL MEXICAN HIGHWAY PATROL CAR!

If that bores you, Google the videos of slightly massaged Plymouth Voyager
Turbos beating everything else into the ground at drag strips.

Yawn, still bored of 80's Chrysler products.

Though Chrysler turned out some pretty sad stuff back then, there were small
glimmers of hope here and there.

Actually I currently own a '94 Dodge Grand Caravan beater that I acquired
for the princely sum of $300 and whose virtues I will defend against all
who
want to step up to the plate. For what it is, I think it's PDG.

Congrats - I bet the women go crazy when you pull into the daycare and you
can fit 6 car seats.

I can argue the merits of my 300CD all day too, but at the end of the day,
its just a solid old car.

Mac
Closet Mopar Guy since the 1970s (loved them Gran Furys)

Nothing against Mopar or Chrysler, but the 80's were sad - might have been
profitable, but I mean, come on...

Mike