INFIDEL!!!

On 12/8/06, Michael Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 12/8/06, Steve MacSween <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> on 12/7/06 5:59 PM, Michael Hall at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> >> he is quite an authority on
> >> Iacocca-ero Mopars and vintage Volvos.
> >

> > Iacocca-era Mopars?  Like the Dodge Omni and Plymouth Horizon, or the
> > K-Car's?  Am I missing something - who would WANT to be an expert on
> those?
>
> Google Dodge Spirit R/T.

Again, who would want to be an authority on Dodge Sprints, turbo or not?

Relatively unknown Taurus SHO killer, made only for two years and in small
> numbers. Special turbocharger setup and reworked head by Lotus,
suspension
> by Carroll Shelby. Velly nice kah.
>
> Okay, that's the high-end supermarket ice cream store flavour.
>
> Stern has the Ben & Jerry's one, an actual Mexican Highway Patrol
version
> that was way beyond the R/T. The cops loved them better than anything
> before
> or since. Rare as geese in Nevada. Maybe only two or three in the U.S.
> (technically not legal).

No way - not a REAL MEXICAN HIGHWAY PATROL CAR!

If that bores you, Google the videos of slightly massaged Plymouth Voyager
> Turbos beating everything else into the ground at drag strips.

Yawn, still bored of 80's Chrysler products.

Though Chrysler turned out some pretty sad stuff back then, there were
small
> glimmers of hope here and there.
>
> Actually I currently own a '94 Dodge Grand Caravan beater that I
acquired
> for the princely sum of $300 and whose virtues I will defend against all
> who
> want to step up to the plate. For what it is, I think it's PDG.

Congrats - I bet the women go crazy when you pull into the daycare and you
can fit 6 car seats.

I can argue the merits of my 300CD all day too, but at the end of the day,
its just a solid old car.

Mac
> Closet Mopar Guy since the 1970s (loved them Gran Furys)

Nothing against Mopar or Chrysler, but the 80's were sad - might have been
profitable, but I mean, come on...

Mike