Would Boeing Surplus be a good source for these?  Where can one locate the
new gel cells?

Can these be purchased new at a computer supply place, like Office Depot?

On 12/16/06, David Brodbeck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Higher-end computer UPS units will do it.  Look for one with
"buck/boost" capability.  APC's SmartUPS line has this, for example, but
their cheaper BackUPS line does not.  A UPS would also let you keep
loads running while you shut the generator down to refuel.

Used or surplus UPSs are often a good deal because a lot of people
discard them when the batteries fail.  The batteries are usually
easy-to-replace, standard-size gel cells.  I recently picked up three
APC BackUPS units for $1 each at a computer surplus place, and all of
them just needed new batteries.

Casey
Olympia, WA
Biodiesel: "I drive in a persistent vegetative state"
'87 300TD intercooler/propane #22 0-60mph 7.3sec (220k)
'84 300D (218k)
Gashuffer:
'89 Vanagon Wolfsburg Edition (187K)
http://users.zhonka.net/zeitgeist/Misc/IMG_0171.JPG