Missed my point. *American* english and the society that created it is at
fault. The religeous sectismus (how many kinds of Christians are there?)
helped it along.
*English* English doesn't have "foul" 4-letter words, nor does French,
Dutch, German, Italian and on and on.
I stick with  (4 letters) *HAPPY NEW YEAR* (4 letters)