"Scarlet; I give a *damn*" comes to mind.

On 1/2/07, David Brodbeck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Zoltan Finks wrote:
> I, and most given to contemplation, have analyzed what it is about
certain
> words that makes them unacceptable in society. The four letter word
could be
> "buck" just as easily as it could be "fuck" and if society has labeled
it
> profane, it's profane. In that respect, you're correct - it's all
relative.

Many of the four-letter terms that are considered "profane" now were
originally merely descriptive.  But they were lower-class and vulgar and
conveyed concepts that were not to be discussed in polite company in a
more puritanical age.  "Profanity" back then would have been the use of
religiously blasphemous language.