John Reames wrote:

"Where I buy, Diesel is 2.59 and High-test is 2.59...

Does anyone here put low-grade in their MB gassers?"

I always thought that the use of premium gas in most cars was a waste of
money. I still that is true for an average everyday (chevy, Ford,
whatever car).  When I got my 1990 300SEL I was only putting in premium
because that's what MB says to use and it seemed like a good idea.  I
kept thinking that one day I would buy the mid grade and see if I
noticed any difference.

While I was aware on a trip for work, I pulled into an unfamiliar gas
station and pushed the wrong button and ended up putting in 18-gallons
of regular 87 fuel. I had a few gallons of premium in the tank.  I
thought, well this is my opportunity to see how it runs.  I am a
believer now.  It ran worse.  It was noticeable.  It pinged and
hesitated and didn't climb hills as well.   I ran it down to half a tank
and filled up with 91 again and it seemed to improve. By the time I ran
the next tank through it was back to normal.  I will not use anything
but 91 (or 93) in my again.

Donald H. Snook

1990 300SEL 133K