To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2007 9:13 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] compression ratio 300SL

Prior to 1972 ALL Mercedes gasoline engines delivered to the US required
91 octane, between '72 and '85 87 octane fuel was fine (for US delivered
cars). Starting in 1986 all models except the '86 190E 2.3 required 91
octane ('87 and later 190E 2.3 required 91 octane too) and that is true
thru 2000 (I expect the 21st century engines require 91 too, but I don't
have official papers that say so!

Marshall
--
Marshall Booth Ph.D.