If I were Kaleb, I would preface this with 'Bzzzt, wrong.' But I am not so I won't.

The Lister engines available from India today use no spark. You open a valve to relieve compression, turn the heavy flywheel until you get some stored inertial energy, close the valve and open the fuel start injecting fuel. Keep turning the wheel until it starts. No gasoline, no spark. I hope to get one once I have a spare $1500, engine hoist, and coupla weeks for a new hobby. Paired with a gen head, and running on 50-50 diesel/recycled veggie oil, you could save a bit on electricity. If we had net billing here.
See www.utterpower.com    for all the details.

Chris K
Cayce, SC

Lister cylcle engines use compression ignition by atomizing diesel fuel
into the air and igniting it by compression of the mixture AND a spark,
not by injection, which is why they must be started on gasoline with a
spark ignition.  Low compression, to say the least.