"Zoltan Finks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> It may have been I465. My wife went to IU. How do you like living in
> Bloomingon? I suppose it's a different town every time the college
> goes into session, or lets out.

Sorry for the long delay -- I had marked this message for reply and
then did not get back to it.

Bloomington is very nice, overall.  Small town, but with the
university it has a lot of the cultural ammeneties of a much larger
city.  Fairly left-of-center politically, due to the university,
though the county outside of Bloomington, and surrounding area, are
much more conservative.

You used to really notice the student influx in the fall and exodus in
the spring, particularly with regard to traffic, but the last few
years it has seemed to me to be much less.  Maybe more people are
staying for summer classes, or (more likely) there has just been
enough growth in the town that the students are a smaller percentage
of the population than they used to be.

Still not big enough for commercial aviation; nearest is Indianapolis.
We have an airport but only private aircraft use it.

Over the years it has become a lot more like any suburban town; the
usual chain restaurants, mall stores, big box superstores, etc.  Good
in a way, bad in a way.  But overall I like it better than anywhere
else I have lived.

Allan
--
1983 300D