In a message dated 1/29/2007 5:54:48 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,  l02
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I  suggest you ask your machinist to take a look and advise you - if it were
me and there were any question, I'd have the surface touched up - you;ll  be
doing a lot of work to put the engine back together and building it on  a
imperfection may cost you money & time.  The machinist will  also be able to
advise if there are any "Mechanics in a Bottle" which may  work.

What Larry said.  If you do go backto the machinist, take along a head
gasket so he can see where the high pressure seal ring goes.  If scratched
through
this area, a cut may be advisable.

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ