To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 04, 2007 11:35 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Kaleb or anyone, a shipping question

Thanks John

Was all of this UPS?  It sounds like shipping a drive shaft without boxing
is a go.

Harry

On 2/4/07, John W. Reames III <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007, LarryT wrote:

> I rec'd a muffler via UPS which was taped and bubbled wrapper (mostly > on
the
> ends) and there were no problems that I know of.
>
> It must be something difficult to damage though so it won't have a box
> absorb hits.

I've gotten more than one this way; the ends wraped in the dense foam wrap and saran, then saran holding a tag on the muffler body. Heck, I've gotten
complete exhausts this way. You need to make sure that the ends of the
pipes arent deformed tho, this seems to happen sometimes.
-.