To: "Diesel List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 1:31 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Will not start

Actually...
My 190D has been starting harder than I like. Its been cold so I attributed it to that and bought some Power Service.
Zero difference...
It got so I'd have to hold onto the go pedal and it'd catch but if I let off the pedal within 30 seconds it'd die.

This morning I was inspired and opened the fuel cap. Instant easy start.

I drive an hour each way to work. So the fuel in the tank must be getting pretty nicely warmed up. Over night it cools to -1F (or whatever) and creates some vacuum in the tank. The engine can pull hard enough to over come the vacuum and pop the vent in the cap but it doesn't like doing it when its cold...

Eureka, now to deal with that vent.

-Curt