Oh, let's see...  The veggie is T-d in at the back left of the head and then
goes back to the veggie tank and then returns at a T near the alternator.
So...  I believe it's completely parallel, independent of the heater
core(which would make sense since the heater seems to work normally.
However...  I can definitely see where it could be drawing off some of that
initial heat that might otherwise get passed into the heater
core/radiator...

Levi

On 2/6/07, Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> within 15 minutes which is about the time I hit the highway it was up
> around 80-90C and stayed there for the rest of the trip.
>
> c) the veggie tank sucking out a decent portion of heat

Could be.  But so long as the engine was up to temperature there was
still excess heat available in the engine.

> d)the more or less exposed heater lines that run along the bottom of
> the car
> from the engine compartment to below the rear seat leaking out heat

You could lose a lot there.

> e) the lack of a working aux coolant pump

Usually immaterial except at near-idle conditions.

How is your veg tank plumbed?  In series with the heater core?  Does
it get the hot water first, or second?  If first, for sure your cabin
comfort will suffer!

A carefully-rigged parallel arrangement might be better.  Could need
some flow adjustment valves to get the balance right so one side didn't
hog it all.

-- Jim