To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 4:18 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] MB & Chrysler

Hendrik Reissen'd (ummnh that's Riessen, thank you)

<<The sooner Daimler-Benz gets rid of Chrysler, the better. I mean, that 300C
would have to be the ugliest thing on the planet (it's like a shoebox on
wheels) and I can't see how Chrysler has added anything to DB, except for
cheapening the brand.>>

You know, I really don't know why you are so excited about anything they
do, considering that you are not a Mercedes customer. Perhaps you have stock in
the company? Unless you have purchased a new car from an MB dealer or buy
your parts from one, you are somebody else's customer and none of your money is
flowing into their coffers.

Sorry Rodger, I won't ever say anything again about anything remotley to do with DC, DB or anything else unless I create a strong financial connection. I did buy a new HD motorcyle once, perhaps I'll save my comments when something about them comes up. Hang on I bought a Grundig TV new, so I can talk about them and how crappy they are nowadays. Although I do buy parts from DC now and again (well oil filters mostly) but I guess that doesn't qualify me to speak my mind about the future direction of the company. However if you decide that only people who have bought a new car from DC or hold shares in the company are allowed to say anything in relation to what DC is doing, then we may as well get Kaleb to ban all those who do not have shares or have bought a new MB. How many will that leave on the list?

As to the 300C, have you ever seen one? I wonder.

Around here, they have sold well and I think it's because off their unusual design. In a dark color, particularly with larger aftermarket wheels, they are
quite an eye-catcher. I have also taken note that the shut lines and paint
quality are very good. Maybe not Audi-like, but excellent for a North American
built car. And the price is surprisingly lower than you might expect.

So, you hate them. So what? They are not my taste either but I'm willing to admit that Chrysler has come up with a winner. And considering the dreck they
used to produce, this is a good sign for a struggling American company.

Yes I have seen one or two but even in the flesh they leave me cold, an austentacious vehicle for those who can't afford a real snob car. What really gets me about them(and a lot of other cars) is the small size of the side windows, must be like sitting in a coffin. Is it possible to check your blind spot? What about parking the thing? I hope they have put some sort of entertaiment pack in there for the kids because they can't look out of the windows to pass the time, unless they are into watching clouds. Now this probably something you have never done but I like to roll down the window and put my elbow on the window sill every now and again when I am cruising along, is that possible in a 300C? No, to me this is a car that was designed for yuppies to impress their yuppie friends.

The other DC product that is selling well is the Sprinter. Not only Fedex,
DHL and UPS sales, but also lots of ordinary truck buyers. They are everywhere.

Yeah we got a lot of them as well, along with the Vito and MB100(which is a Korean van with a MB star on it)

RLE